NMIMS-NPAT 2023 is the official entrance test for admissions to Undergraduate Degree Programs offered by NMIMS after 12th.
Important Dates for the Registration & Examination:
|Sr.No.||Particular||Start Date||Closure Date|
|1||Online registration||Thursday, 01st December 2022||21st May’2023|
|2||Conduct of online computer based Examination at test centres||From 4th January 2023 to 31st May 2023|
|3||Exam date Scheduling window will be available||From 6th December 2022 –to- 23rd May 2023|
|4||Merit list declaration||The dates will be available on website by first week of June2023|
NMIMS-NPAT Exam will comprise of 3 major sections as follows, No Negative marks:
|Sections||Test||No. Of Questions||Time in Minutes||Total Marks|
Following these tips would definitely help you attempt the maximum number of questions in the NPAT exam.
So, what are you looking for? Check out the NPAT Preparation Tips provided in this post and improve your time management skills and speed to crack the exam on the first attempt.
What are the Important Topics I need to Prepare under the NPAT Syllabus?
Before starting the NPAT preparation, it is important to understand the detailed NPAT Syllabus. This will help you know the important topics from the exam’s point of view.
|Quantitative & Numerical Ability||Reasoning & General Intelligence||English|
|Number System||Critical Thinking||Error Recognition|
|Arithmetic||Verbal-logical reasoning||Applied Grammar|
|Sets and Functions||Numerical Reasoning||Contextual Usage|
|Elementary Statistics & Probability||Data Interpretation||Sequencing of Ideas|
|Trigonometry||Spatial Reasoning||Reading Comprehension|
What is the Subject-Wise NPAT Preparation Strategy?
Three major sections are included in the NPAT exam, Let us understand how to prepare for these subjects to score more marks in the upcoming exam.
Tips – How to prepare for Quantitative & Numerical Ability Section for NPAT?
- To solve the questions in this section, it is important to memorise various mathematical formulas. Questions will be from Percentage, Profit and Loss, Discount, Compound Interest & Annuities, Ration and Proportions, Basic Algebraic Identities, Equations- Linear, Measures of Dispersion, Mean, Mode, Identities, Heights, and other important topics.
- NPAT is a speed-based test.so it is important that test takers learn the shortcut formulas, over-elaborate, and time-consuming methods. This can turn out to be handy to derive answers in a short span of time.
- SolveNPAT Sample Papers to improve your time management skills and problem-solving skills.
- Also, attempt mock testson a weekly basis to test your preparation levels.
Tips – How to prepare for Reasoning & General Intelligence Section for NPAT?
- In order to solve questions that are based on critical thinking, test takers should try to analyse the roles and conditions and based on it, solve the questions. For questions related to problem-solving, try to analyse the information and assimilate them in a suitable form to answer those questions.
- While solving questions from the verbal and logical reasoning section, test takers can derive conclusions from the logical premises or assess the validity of arguments based on statements of the facts.
- In the Data Sufficiency section, analyse whether the information provided is sufficient to answer the questions or whether additional information is required.
- In the numerical reasoning section, dive in to identify the class and sub-class relationship within a given group of items and illustrate it into diagrams for comprehension.
- Data Interpretation is an easy level of questions that could be attempted by going through the graphs provided.
- While solving spatial reasoning, select a figure from the alternatives that match the relationship specified by the given figural pair.
- Check for common patterns available in the figures to identify the missing figures.
Tips – How to Prepare for English Language Section for NPAT?
- Recognise grammatical structure and usage, use prepositions, determiners, connectives, tenses appropriately.
- Grasping the meaning of underlined words in sentences, using appropriate words in given context, put ideas into logical sequences by putting the jumbled sentences in the correct order.
- In order to solve questions from the reading comprehension section, it is important for the test takers to locate information, grasp ideas, identify and interpret relationships and ideas, moods, characteristics, tone of the passage, infer, get the central theme and evaluate given passage.
- Read novels and newspapers,
- take online grammar tests to have proficiency in the English Language
Best books to read for NPAT 2023 Exam
Check out the section-wise best books for NPAT exam in each of the table given below.
|Quantitative & Numeric Ability|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Magical Book on Quicker Maths||Tyra|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||Abhijit Guha|
|Reasoning and General Intelligence|
|Model Approach to Logical Reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Analytical Reasoning||M.K. Pandey|
|A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal||BS Sijwalii and Indu Sijwalii|
|Proficiency in English Language|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
|Objective General English 01 Edition||R.S.Aggarwal|
|Proficiency in Reading Simplifying the Passage for you||Ajay Singh|
NMIMS NPAT preparation and study plan is a must when you are willing to crack the NPAT examination. These tips are precise and accurate to help you cover the syllabus and make decent revisions. You must also make a habit of practising mock tests regularly to help improve your performance.
If mocks don’t help you, reach us at Stargate Education to boost your preparations. at Stargate Education is one of the leading online coaching institutes, helping students prepare for top management examinations. Joining us will surely help you crack the NPAT examination.
For NPAT Counselling