CUCET - 2022
Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET) is an all-India examination to be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA)
CUCET - 2022
Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET)
Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET) is an all-India examination to be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admissions in undergraduate and postgraduate courses in various central & state universities of India including Delhi University, Jawaharlal Nehru University (‘JNU’), Banaras Hindu University (‘BHU’), Allahabad University, Tezpur University, the University of Hyderabad amongst others.
Until 2021, CUCET scores were accepted by 14 participating Central Universities. From the academic year 2022, CUCET will be a Common Entrance Test for most of the 54 Central Universities currently in the country.
Earlier for admission to colleges in Delhi University, students were evaluated based on 12th marks, but now they would be required to appear for a common aptitude test and clear the exam with qualifying marks.
NEP (National Education Policy) has decided to discard the merit-based competition for admission to such universities instead to conduct the common entrance test.
Syllabus of CUCET 2022 –
CUCET 2021 has been an Aptitude and Subject-Knowledge Test (for specific programs). The structure of CUCET 2022 shall be announced soon. However, basis the 2021 curriculum, CUCET 2022 is likely to give more emphasis on Aptitude, English Language, Logical & Analytical Reasoning, Numerical Ability, and General Awareness. Further, it is expected that there would be a particular section will be about the questions from a domain which the students choose to apply for.
The tentative syllabus of CUCET 2022 would be as follows:
Domain A – Numerical abilities, English, Logical & Analytical Reasoning and General Awareness
Domain B – Domain-specific test – questions consisting of the chosen domain
- You should have passed the 12th standard with a minimum of 60%.
- You can apply if you are studying in class 12, however, you will need to submit the documents during verification.
- The previous eligibility shall vary as per each course and university you apply to.
- All Indian Nationals are eligible to apply.
- For UG courses, the minimum qualification shall be 50% for the general category in class 12. 5% relaxation shall be given to SC/ST students.
- PG applicants belonging to the general category must have 55% aggregate marks in the bachelor’s degree. 5% relaxation to SC/ST students will be given.